So, let me tell you why I love this recipe. Because of many factors including foods and environmental factors, we are falling victim to the debilitating effects of rampant inflammation in our bodies. This shows up in our bodies in numerous ways, such as joint pain, arthritis, cancer, heart disease, digestive issues. Turmeric has amazing antioxidant properties due to its active ingredient Curcumin. Which has the ability to:
- Reduce the effect of free radicals that can cause mutations In
- Reduce inflammation
- Aid in fat metabolism
- Act as an antiseptic & antibacterial
- Reduce depression
So, you know I am all about finding little ways to support your ultimate health and self-care. Check out this recipe and see if it is something you may want to add to your routine. Let me know what you think!
TURMERIC TEA TONIC
Author: Meghan Telpner
Prep Time: 3 mins
Total Time: 3 mins
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 tsp up to 1 tsp dried turmeric powder (work your way up!), or 1 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves or 1/4 tsp ground
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of black pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Goji Berries
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp honey, or to taste
Recipe, Two Methods…
- Place all ingredients in your high speed venting blender and
blend until smooth.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve and enjoy.
Stove Top Method:
- Place water, turmeric, cardamon seeds, cloves, cayenne
and goji berries into a pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain out liquid and allow it to cool, then blend with hemp
seeds, ghee and honey. You may choose to put this back on
the stove to heat to desired sipping temperature.